Finding a realtor who is right for you is an important decision that should be taken seriously. Many hire a realtor because they have the biggest ad. Or because they are a friend of a friend. You shouldn’t mix friendship and business. This is a professional relationship with a lot riding on it. You should always interview at least three realtors. Find a realtor that is right for you.
Six questions to ask a realtor before you hire them
- Tell me about your real estate experience with properties like mine
- Describe your approach and how it will help me
- Tell me about the fees and commissions I’ll have to pay. Are you willing to negotiate?
- Tell me the services your brokerage provides
- Can you provide me with references from former clients?
- When will you provide me with updates? How will you tell me about them?